- Two styles of Swift / Skeinwinder available (a floor model and table model)
- Both models are interchangeable, collapsible and easily portable!
- Our handcrafted Umbrella Swifts are designed to function as both a Swift and a Skeinwinder
- Skein circumference is adjustable from 91cm - 182cm (1-2 yards)
- Swifts are treated with Watco penetrating oil finish
- Only to be occasionally cleaned with high quality liquid lemon oil furniture polish
Features: Three black rings on the center dowel, the bottom ring indicates a 91cm (1 yard) circumference, the centre: 137cm (1.5 yards) and the top 182cm (2 yards). You can then determine the meterage by setting the swift/skeinwinder to the appropriate marked on the center dowel. Count the number of rotations while winding the skein.You can then easily calculate the meterage by multiplying the meterage for one rotation by the number of rotations you made.
The adjusting ring, shown to the left, locks the setting in place. The winding handle, shown to the left, makes it easy to wind onto the skeinwinder. (available in Oak, Cherry, Maple, Walnut). The umbrella section, as shown at the bottom left, folds just like a regular rain umbrella, so your swift/skeinwinder takes up less room.
Contact Donna Hamson for more information...